The materialsThere are lots of reasons to love 100% wool. It’s strong, hypoallergenic and it happens to be insulating and breathable, so despite being thought of as a fabric only for cold months, it’ll keep you cool in summer too. It’s also naturally flame retardant and holds its shape well with minimal sagging, which makes it ideal for upholstery.
Our Soft Teal colourway blends green-tinted blue with soft grey and pale brown flecks. The brown makes it a natural partner for wood, but it also complements brighter blues, like our Isla velvet in Kingfisher, making it a way to layer different textures in a room too.
Doing the right thingPure wool is an easy to care for fabric that’s not only a renewable source, but it’s also biodegradable and has a long life cycle. This is proven by its high rub count score which means it is suitable for high levels of everyday use (this is the number of times the fabric can be rubbed before the abrasion begins to break the yarn).
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
- Suitable for dry cleaning.
- Keep pilling to a minimum by steering clear of abrasive cleaning products and gently sponging away marks when required.
Need to know
There can be some colour variation between different batches of our fabric – we try to make this as minimal as possible, but it's something to be expected with natural fibres. If you're using this fabric more than once in the same room, we recommend ordering as many metres as you need in one go – that way, we can make sure it's all from the same batch.
A note on safety: if you'd like to use this fabric to upholster a piece of furniture yourself, then you should purchase an interliner (which you can find at upholstery and fabric shops) to go with it. This is also known as a barrier cloth which is used underneath the main fabric to ensure that the upholstered furnishing meets fire regulations. It won't make the fabric completely fire retardant, but it will slow down a fire should it catch alight. Of course, if you order this or any of our fabrics on Neptune pre-upholstered pieces, we'll also use the relevant interliner.
Our fabrics: making the right choice for your home and lifestyle
A guide to each and every fabric in our collection, covering everything from style to which ones are suited to children and pets.