Emma is our English cabbage rose print that feels like a vintage textile but is far from chintzy. Instead, the larger scale of the print and the natural linen and cotton fabric give it an organic character and more contemporary sense of style.
Design & engineering
Materials & making
- Emma has an unbleached 60% linen and 40% cotton base cloth.
- The flax fibres will cause dark flecks and textured slubs – these are to be expected and celebrated as part of the natural fabric.
- Its tight weave and high Martindale count makes it suitable for upholstery, window dressings and cushions.
- The pattern is digitally printed onto the base cloth in the UK.
- Emma works well on cushions, armchairs, sofas, Roman blinds and curtains.
- Allow the pattern to take centre stage against a plain backdrop.
- Use warm, elegant Old Rose with our Isla velvet fabric for contrasting textures.
Fire Retardant Backing:
Fabric Weight (gsm):
Will it fit?
Delivery & returns
Free delivery for all orders over £100 (or €100 in Ireland).
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Care & need to knows
- Clean the fabric on a 30-degree wash, then line dry.
- Iron on a medium heat while slightly damp.
- For upholstery covers, we recommend professional dry cleaning.
Need to know
- This fabric has passed cigarette testing.
- To comply with upholstery fire regulations, use a schedule 3 interliner.
- The pattern is visible on one side only
- . Batch to batch colour variation is to be expected with natural fibres.
- We recommend ordering the amount you need in one go so it’s from the same batch.
- After a few washes, the colour may fade slightly.
- A high Martindale count means that it will wear well with everyday use.
From the Journal
Our fabrics: making the right choice for your home and lifestyle
A guide to each and every fabric in our collection, covering everything from style to which ones are suited to children and pets.