Sprawling branches bedecked in scalloped leaves and the most recognisable of nuts, our Francesca print is part fairy tale, part stroll in the countryside. “I aim to bring the outside world in, creating an indoor connection to nature,” explains the pattern’s designer Francesca. “I capture the elements of the natural world that bring joy and peace – oaks are such magnificent British trees, I really wanted to celebrate their inherent beauty”. Francesca hand painted the print in watercolour inks, gracefully depicting the splendour of the spellbinding tree. The Francesca print is available by the metre in two scales, small and grand, as well as four understated tones – purple-tinged Peat, blush pink Old Rose, earthy green Moss and fresh Flax Blue.
Design & engineering
The materials: linen and cottonFrancesca is made from a classic pairing of natural textiles with the soft handle of cotton but the characterful slubs and durability of linen. It’s a breathable fabric which will keep you cool in summer and warm in winter, and its tight weave means it’s extremely strong which makes it a go-to for upholstery and accessories.
The colourThis hue is inspired by its namesake, a plant which blooms with powder blue flowers with almost lilac undertones. It’s a slightly more unexpected choice for this woodland print, which adds a freshness and modernity while still complementing the delicacy of the line drawing.
Doing the right thingAside from the fact that this fabric is produced in Lancashire (which ensures a minimal carbon footprint), it’s also created with linen that is European Flax Certified. This guarantees traceability of the production process, and means that the raw material is a natural, sustainable fibre that has been grown without artificial irrigation and is free from GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms).
Where we see itThis fabric comes in two print sizes – small and grand. We recommend combining both scales in the same room, with the larger print on a headboard, curtains or armchair, and the smaller one on accessories such as cushions or lampshades. This repetition of the same pattern is a traditional decorating style which fits with the timeless aesthetic of the fabric.
Fire Retardant Backing:
Fabric Weight (gsm):
Will it fit?
Delivery & returns
Free delivery for all orders over £100 (or €100 in Ireland).
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Care & need to knows
- Clean the fabric on a 30-degree wash, then line dry.
- Iron on a medium heat while slightly damp.
- For upholstery covers, we recommend professional dry cleaning.
From the Journal
Our fabrics: making the right choice for your home and lifestyle
A guide to each and every fabric in our collection, covering everything from style to which ones are suited to children and pets.