100% wool. Soft, strong and hypoallergenic, there are lots of reasons to love wool. It also happens to be insulating and breathable, so, despite being thought of as a fabric just for the colder months, it’ll also keep you cooler in summer than a man-made textile.
How it feels
As tweeds go, ours is certainly on the softer side. But, you’ll find that it’s a little more textured than our other woollen textiles, with the hardy feel that Harris Tweeds are known for.
The yarns that make up Harris Tweed are dyed before they’re woven, and the weavers mix together different shades. So, even though from a distance Marmalade looks like a mottled plain fabric, up close it reveals shades of everything from mustard to russet, burgundy to blue. It’s a textile for giving your interior hidden depths.
Where to use it
A heavier-weight cloth than most tweed jackets, our Harris Tweed is ideal whenever you want a tough, hardwearing textile. It’s naturally flame-retardant too, and wool’s elasticity means it keeps its shape longer, making it ideal for upholstery. This strong colour is especially good at adding cosiness in a smaller way on cushions and curtains though.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just so you know
There can be some colour variation between different batches of our fabric – we try to make them as small as possible, but it’s something to be expected with natural fibres. If you’re using this fabric more than once in the same room, we recommend ordering as many metres as you need in one go - that way, we can make sure it’s all from the same batch.
Can be washed at 40 degree delicate wash. Note after a couple of washes colour may fade slightly.
Our fabrics: making the right choice for your home and lifestyle
A guide to each and every fabric in our collection, covering everything from style to which ones are suited to children and pets.