The materialsThere are lots of reasons to love 100% wool. It’s strong, hypoallergenic and it happens to be insulating and breathable, so despite being thought of as a fabric only for cold months, it’ll keep you cool in summer too. It’s also naturally flame retardant and holds its shape well with minimal sagging, which makes it ideal for upholstery.
Fossil is a classic slate grey with off-white checks. It works well with our similarly coloured plain linens, or you can team it with our Emma fabric in Dove for a bolder colour contrast as well as mix and matched patterns.
Doing the right thingPure wool is an easy to care for fabric that’s not only a renewable source, but it’s also biodegradable and has a long life cycle. This is proven by its high rub count score which means it is suitable for high levels of everyday use (this is the number of times the fabric can be rubbed before the abrasion begins to break the yarn).
- For orders under £100 (or €150 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we'll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
- Suitable for dry cleaning.
- Keep pilling to a minimum by steering clear of abrasive cleaning products and gently sponging away marks when required.
Need to know
- There can be some colour variation between different batches of our fabric – we try to make this as minimal as possible, but it’s something to be expected with natural fibres.
- If you’re using this fabric more than once in the same room, we recommend ordering as many metres as you need in one go –that way, we can make sure it’s all from the same batch.
- Hector is not suitable for use on window dressings.
Our fabrics: making the right choice for your home and lifestyle
A guide to each and every fabric in our collection, covering everything from style to which ones are suited to children and pets.