The materialsHugo is made from 100% linen and has an even weave with a few slubs to give the fabric a tactile finish. This result is achieved through the combination of dry- and wet-spinning, where the long fibres are smoothed out with water to produce a uniform texture and the other dry fibres are slightly less refined to give it a rustic feel. The yarns are also twisted together to give the material strength that’s designed to last.
Each of Hugo’s warm shades are yarn dyed which means that each thread is coloured before it’s woven to give greater tonal depth and character. This shade is Pale Oat – a light beige, almost parchment white that works equally well with muted pastels or bright splashes of colour.
Doing the right thingHugo has a high rub count score which means it is suitable for everyday use (this is the number of times the fabric can be rubbed before the abrasion begins to break the yarn). So, it’s a fabric which will wear well over the years. It’s also made from 100% linen; flax is a renewable resource that has a limited impact on the environment due to its longevity.
- For orders under £100 (or €150 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we'll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
- Suitable for dry cleaning.
Need to know
- Colour variation is to be expected with natural fibres. We recommend ordering as many metres as you need in one go.
- Slubs are the white, raised threads you see on pure linens – these are the natural flax fibres which add texture and interest to the fabric.
- To use for upholstery, we recommend purchasing a schedule three interliner from your local fabric shop to comply with fire retardant regulations.
- Hugo has a high Martindale score which is best suited for heavy duty use in high traffic areas of the home, including on upholstery, cushions, curtains and blinds.
Our fabrics: making the right choice for your home and lifestyle
A guide to each and every fabric in our collection, covering everything from style to which ones are suited to children and pets.