Delivery within 3 weeks
Delivery within 3 weeks
Journey into the great outdoors with Isla, a curated collection of luxurious 100% cotton velvets that draws its rich palette directly from the beauty of the British landscape and its creatures. Expertly woven in Holland with a specialist technique that makes it resist pressure marks and crushed fibres, it’s strong soft, breathable and has a slight stretch. Choose from a natural palette spanning warm ochre yellow Finch and deep teal blue Kingfisher to the stormy grey Steel and earthy brown of Otter.
Design & engineering
The materialsOur smooth, woven velvet is made using 100% cotton. This material gives it strength, softness, breathability and a slight stretch, but we’ve also backed it with a cotton and polyester mix for excellent structure. As well as making it practical for everyday use, its close pile helps to keep the texture of the fabric even, so it steers clear of the rippled look you get with some lower quality velvets.
Doing the right thingThe dyes used on our velvets are approved by REACH, which regulates and minimises the use of harmful chemicals.
Where we see itBecause Isla has a straight pile, you don’t have to consider its direction on upholstery, cushions or curtains, so it’s the perfect place for anywhere in the home, including well-used areas. Depending on the colour you choose, it can create all kinds of moods too, from relaxed steely grey to luxurious jewel tones, like Kingfisher blue.
Dry clean only
Fire Retardant Backing:
Fabric Weight (gsm):
Will it fit?
Delivery & returns
Free delivery for all orders over £100 (or €100 in Ireland).
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Care & need to knows
- For everyday maintainence, gently brush the fabric with a dry sponge and vacuum the material with an upholstery attachment.
- We recommend dry cleaning.
- If you’d like to use the fabric to upholster furniture yourself, then you should purchase an interliner (which you can find at fabric shops) to go with it. This will ensure that the upholstered furnishing meets fire regulations.
From the Journal
Our fabrics: making the right choice for your home and lifestyle
A guide to each and every fabric in our collection, covering everything from style to which ones are suited to children and pets.