The materialsThe more you use this long-lasting mid-weight fabric, the more characterful and better looking it becomes. The washable blend of linen and cotton makes it highly durable, breathable and soft. Its finish also plays a key part in the material’s charm: the cloth goes through a process which teases the fibres upwards so that they stand on the surface – this what gives the fabric its supple handle and peach-skin look.
The colourSmoke is a slate grey colour with pale denim blue undertones – it’s perfect for creating a plain, block-colour base on upholstery and drapes.
Doing the right thingThe Linara collection is made by our partners at a third-generation, family-run mill in Italy. The mill is certified OEKO-TEX standard 100 – a label which means all the production processes have a minimal environmental impact. And it uses dyes that comply with REACH – a regulation that reduces the use of harmful substances to protect people and the planet. Any chemicals that are used in the process at the mill are treated in a water purification plant that returns drinkable water into nearby rivers and the remaining residue is sent to local farmers to use as fertiliser. The power source for the mill has also been carefully considered; solar panels and low emission generators are used to create the electricity, heat and steam that’s needed to make Linara.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
- Wash at 40 degrees then finish with a warm iron.
- Do not tumble dry.
- Dry cleaning is recommended for upholstery furniture.
Need to know
There can be some colour variation between different batches of our fabric – we try to make them as small as possible, but it’s something to be expected with natural fibres. If you’re using this fabric more than once in the same room, we recommend ordering as many metres as you need in one go – that way, we can make sure it’s all from the same batch.
A note on safety: if you’d like to use this fabric to upholster a piece of furniture yourself, then you should purchase an interliner (which you can find at upholstery and fabric shops) to go with it. This is also known as a barrier cloth which is used underneath the main fabric to ensure that the upholstered furnishing meets fire regulations. Of course, if you order this or any of our fabrics on Neptune pre-upholstered pieces, we’ll use the relevant interliner.
Our fabrics: making the right choice for your home and lifestyle
A guide to each and every fabric in our collection, covering everything from style to which ones are suited to children and pets.