Inspired by the thistle motif on our Olney crockery, Orla is a digitally printed pattern with the slightly uneven style of a hand-printed fabric. Made from a mix of linen and cotton, each colourway sits on an unbleached background of grey-beige with occasional dark flecks and textures slubs. The organic look and feel are produced by the natural flax fibres.
Design & engineering
Materials & making
- Orla has an unbleached 60% linen and 40% cotton base cloth.
- The flax fibres will cause dark flecks and textured slubs - these are to be expected and celebrated as part of the natural fabric.
- Its tight weave and high Martindale count makes it suitable for upholstery, window dressings and cushions.
- The pattern is digitally printed onto the base cloth in the UK.
- Orla works well on upholstery and cushions, and drapes beautifully when used as window dressings.
- The pattern scale sits in between our Thea and Emma fabric - mix all three together for contrasting layers.
- Stone-coloured Trellis will add a muted, neutral look to a room.
Fire Retardant Backing:
Fabric Weight (gsm):
Will it fit?
Delivery & returns
Free delivery for all orders over £100 (or €100 in Ireland).
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Care & need to knows
- Clean the fabric on a 30-degree wash, then line dry.
- Iron on a medium heat while slightly damp.
- For upholstery covers, we recommend professional dry cleaning.
Need to know
- This fabric has passed cigarette testing.
- To comply with upholstery fire regulations, use a schedule 3 interliner.
- The pattern is visible on one side only.
- Batch to batch colour variation is to be expected with natural fibres.
- We recommend ordering the amount you need in one go so it's from the same batch.
- After a few washes, the colour may fade slightly.
- A high Martindale count means that it will wear well with everyday use.
From the Journal
Our fabrics: making the right choice for your home and lifestyle
A guide to each and every fabric in our collection, covering everything from style to which ones are suited to children and pets.