The shade’s ballooning shape is what gives Brompton its statement character. It’s topped by a rod that you can use to angle the light, which looks appropriately like a toggle switch. The actual switch is discreetly part of the flex at floor level. To adjust the lamp, you just simply loosen the wing nut dials – another industrial detail.
Material and finish
Brompton is nickel plated: a finish that’s bright, that shines out in the room. It’s very similar to chrome but less contemporary, with a slightly warmer undertone – a little like silver – to complement Brompton’s early 20th century style. The flex is a coordinating braided grey silk.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.