Shaftesbury comes with a simple bronze ceiling rose and matching chain (these are made from steel with a dark bronze finish), as well as a coordinating black silk flex. The chain and flex are two metres long so you have the flexibility to cut them to the length that suits your space.
Bronze or chrome?
You may well have an instinctive idea of whether you’d prefer this Shaftesbury with its bronze details or the alternative in chrome, and if it’s going in a kitchen, your cabinet handles might influence your decision. But if you’re undecided, we’ve found that chrome has an airier, barely there look whereas the bronze creates a stronger statement and is a touch more traditional too.
A styling tip or two
Shaftesbury’s elliptical shape means it’s naturally suited to hanging in a group – the number will depend on your space, but generally speaking, three is the most pleasing on the eye. Don’t discount it as an option if you only want a singular pendant though. It’s enough of a statement piece in size and design to look good hung alone, perhaps over a smaller dining table.
Choosing a lightbulb
We always advocate using LED bulbs as they have a far lower environmental impact and are cool to the touch so they won’t scorch shades (or fingers!), as opposed to halogen or tungsten bulbs which generate a lot of heat. We also recommend that the maximum strength of your bulb should be no more than 8W LED for our lighting collection.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.