Materials & finish
Alsop’s nickel-plated finish has a contemporary feel that suits the pared-back design, but it’s not as cool as chrome, making it easier to use in traditional spaces too. The brushed texture also feels more classic, and means you’re less likely to see fingerprints.
Our bulb is long-lasting and low-energy LED bulb, but not as you know it. Think warm and inviting not cold or too-bright. Every Alsop light comes with one already, but you can also buy spares separately for when you (eventually) need to replace them.
How it works
Unlike most spotlights, Alsop casts a soft glow, not a harsh glare. That’s because the light in the bulb faces upwards, back into it. You’ll see a chrome-coloured bridge that sits across the middle. That’s what holds the light source, which then shines onto the mirrored interior and diffuses out. We’ve also designed it so you won’t get a black spot from the bridge’s shadow as the light falls.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just so you know
It’s best that a qualified electrician fits this light – it’s designed to be wired in, and doesn’t have a switch as part of its design.
If you want to use this light in a bathroom, just make sure it’s more than 60cm away from the water. Any closer, and you’ll need to use an IP44-rated light (like our Brunswick).