This is a design to which we are saying farewell.
An organic shape, cloudy exterior and amber tint combine in this tealight holder to create a piece that’s sculptural and undeniably inspired by nature (its form brings to mind all sorts from seed pods to sea urchins). It’s part of our Alconbury collection – vases and tealight holders in a coordinating array of smoky colours and free-form silhouettes designed for the modern minimalist home.
Design & engineering
A unique pieceThese glass tea light holders are mouth-blown in Firozabad, the centre of India’s glassmaking industry, known for its exceptionally high quality glass production. Because they’re individually made, no two are exactly alike. One might be a touch smaller than another, you might see a tiny air bubble trapped in the glass, or a swirl where it expanded as it was blown. It’s all part of the personality of something created by an artisan rather than a machine.
Design detailThe muted exterior is also a hands-on process, created by individually sand blasting each piece which leaves them with a gentle, sea-washed glass effect. In contrast, the interior is left as it is, creating an interesting contrast in textures between matt and glossy and, when lit from within, a captivating effect.
A styling tip or twoBecause it has such an interesting but understated texture and form, why not really highlight that by pairing this piece with one of the smaller, ridged Alconbury tealight holders? Together, they’ll make a rather pleasing pairing of different sizes and shapes connected by similar finishes and styles.
Recommended Candle Size:
Will it fit?
Delivery & returns
- £9.95 for parcels (or €19), £20 for small furniture deliveries (or €35) and £50 for large furniture deliveries (or €75).
- The cost of delivery will be based on the largest piece in your order and will be calculated at checkout.
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.