As metal frames can be hard on all kinds of floors, we’ve given Carter tiny rubber feet so you don’t have to worry about it catching on anything.
We use oak for its beautiful grain, its durability and its sense of heritage (we’ve written more on its qualities here). Knots and variations in tone are part of its character, so every piece will be unique. In combination with the steel base, it takes on a rougher, tougher feel.
The oak goes through a seven-step process of brushing, staining and buffing to highlight its natural grain. It’s then protected with our IsoGuard® treatment oil in Vintage Oak, which guards against dirt and scuffs while giving it a deeper tone that works well with steel. The metal’s powder-coated so it’s almost black, but with a hint of bronze – a finish that’s designed to age well, even after it’s had a few scratches.
Where to see it
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just So you know
This piece is made from natural timber, which will expand (slightly) and shrink (just a little) as it responds to the humidity and temperature in your room. We’ve used joinery techniques that’ll help to counteract this, but small changes in your piece are completely natural and to be expected. Just know that, in the very unlikely event that there’s a significant change to the structure, we’ll be here to help.