Avington Rectangular MirrorPart of our Avington collection
The wood for Avington comes from the Paulownia tree. It’s by far the fastest growing, deciduous hardwood in the world, and a single plantation can be harvested several times, offering a sustainable, renewable source of timber. You can read all about the Paulownia tree on our journal.
Our Avington mirrors have relatively deep frames, but adding the gilding to the inside edge as a stark contrast to the black-painted outer really highlights this detail and creates a strong look. We chose a pale champagne-gold gilding rather than a true gold or silver because we feel it has more subtlety and is neither very traditional nor very contemporary.
A styling tip or two
This mirror is an ideal size for using in all sorts of places, from above a mantlepiece to propped up on a console or dressing table. You could use it above the sink in a bathroom, hang it in your hallway or arrange it in amongst wall art prints in a salon-style wall (its frame will coordinate with our St Mawes, River Thames and Veneto collections, which will create a pleasing sense of repetition when they’re combined).
- For orders under £100 (or €150 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we'll deliver it within 5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
- You can return any item within 28 days of delivery, but you may be charged for a courier or collection service.
- If you can cancel your order within 24 hours, you will be fully refunded.
- For tailored items and fitted cabinetry, we can only refund 80% of the cost.
- Read our full returns policy here.
Just so you know
Avington comes with a French cleat fixing that makes positioning it much easier, distributes its weight evenly so you can be sure it’s secure, and creates a snug fit with the wall. You’ll just need to supply your own screws and plugs to suit your wall type.