Bembridge Rectangular Mirror
The frame is made from paulownia: a lightweight hardwood, so the mirror isn’t too heavy. It’s also a little rougher than the tulipwood we usually use, to give this mirror a gently worn texture. It’s by far the fastest growing, deciduous hardwood tree in the world. And a single plantation can be harvested several times offering a sustainable, renewable source of timber. The small beaded detail around the frame are resin.
Not every piece and every colour of paint needs the same process – a ‘one finish suits all’ approach won’t ever give you the best result possible. That’s why we vary the number of coats using hand-painted techniques depending on what that shade needs. For Bembridge we have created a distressed finish where in some places the paint is slightly coming away.
Bembridge’s timber frame has broad mouldings and beaded details. The distressing is most noticeable on the raised decoration, highlighting the areas where the paint would naturally wear away.
- Furniture orders to the mainland UK and Northern Ireland come under our white glove service.
- Your order will be delivered within 5 days if the piece is available now.
- Orders placed from outside the UK or Ireland will be delivered by our international courier partners.
- Read our full delivery policy here.
- You can return any item within 28 days of delivery, but you may be charged for a courier or collection service.
- If you can cancel your order within 24 hours, you will be fully refunded.
- For tailored items and fitted cabinetry, we can only refund 80% of the cost.
- Read our full returns policy here.
Just so you know
Natural timber will always want to move. It’s going to expand and shrink as the temperature and humidity in your home changes, but there are specialist joinery techniques that can help to counteract the movement. And that’s exactly what we do, so although you might see a little movement in the timber over the seasons, it won’t change drastically. You can hang Bembridge or lean it against the wall. If hanging, you’ll need to select fixings that are best for your wall, which is why we haven’t included these.