Carter Rectangular MirrorPart of our Carter collection
Steel’s incredibly strong, which is why it’s used so much in things like bridges and buildings. So it’s also brilliant for the narrow frame of this very large mirror.
Carter gets its bold, graphite grey colour from powder coating: a finish that’s durable too. And it has a hint of warm bronze colour in there, so it doesn’t feel so cold and industrial.
From a distance it looks like Carter has a thin metal frame. But it’s more like a shadow box. The mirror’s glass is attached at the back but not at the sides. So up close it looks like it’s ‘floating’ in a recessed metal case.
Ways to use it
Mirrors create a sense of space – hung at the end of a short hallway, they’ll add depth; hung either side of a narrow hallway, they’ll add width. They boost natural light – so position one opposite a window in a dark hallway or a dark corner of a room. A mirror can create an interesting focal point – place one behind a special object you want to highlight, and so create a reflection of it in another part of the room.
- Furniture orders to the mainland UK and Northern Ireland come under our white glove service.
- Your order will be delivered within 5 days if the piece is available now.
- Orders placed from outside the UK or Ireland will be delivered by our international courier partners.
- Read our full delivery policy here.
- You can return any item within 28 days of delivery, but you may be charged for a courier or collection service.
- If you can cancel your order within 24 hours, you will be fully refunded.
- For tailored items and fitted cabinetry, we can only refund 80% of the cost.
- Read our full returns policy here.
Just so you know
Because of its steel frame, the Carter mirror is very heavy. We’ve added a French cleat fixing so you can attach it to a wall. This makes positioning it much easier, distributes its weight evenly so you can be sure it’s secure, and creates a snug fit with the wall. But because of Carter’s weight, your wall may need reinforcing before it can be hung. You’ll need to select fixings that are best for your wall, which is why we haven’t included these. Carter has a deep frame so you can also prop it up on a piece of furniture or mantelpiece. It’s also suitable for use in a bathroom