The wood for Kintbury comes from the Paulownia tree. It’s by far the fastest growing, deciduous hardwood tree in the world. And a single plantation can be harvested several times offering a sustainable, renewable source of timber. You can read all about Paulownia wood on our journal.
The distressing on Kintbury is very subtle, and shows only a little of the reddish-coloured wood beneath through the black. If you choose to have your mirror painted in a custom shade though, it’ll come without the distressing.
Out of all the mirrors in our collection, Kintbury’s frame is the most decorative. Made up of several bands of moulded marks in different designs – dashes, dots and beading – it’ll add a great deal of textural interest to your space. We’ve left the mirror itself flat, not bevelled, as we felt that would be just a bit too fussy here.
Ways to use it
As Kintbury makes such a strong statement, we’d suggest that you style it fairly simply. If you prop it on a mantel or console table, make it the main focus of attention, keeping the objects around it quite pared back. Or, as part of a gallery wall, opt for pictures with similarly coloured frames.
- £9.95 for parcels (or €19), £20 for small furniture deliveries (or €35) and £50 for large furniture deliveries (or €75).
- The cost of delivery will be based on the largest piece in your order and will be calculated at checkout.
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
Need to know
The colours in our paint palette shown here are a close representation of their true shades, but to see the real thing, we suggest trying our sample paint pots or ordering our paint card booklet.
To hang, you’ll need to select fixings that are best for your wall, which is why we haven’t included these.