What to fit it withBroseley comes in four distinct shapes. For this flat one, try planting with similarly low, creeping plants that’ll spill over its edges, like thyme, chamomile and Soleirolia soleirolii (also known as mind-your-own-business). Be sure to use a watertight pot inside it, though, or use life-like flowers and foliage rather than real ones.
Terracotta is a type of earthenware clay that has a red-orange colour thanks to the amount of iron in it. You can see a little of that colour on the edges where Broseley isn’t glazed. Earthenware is fired at lower temperatures than stoneware or porcelain, which gives it a rougher texture.
The crackle finish on Broseley is created using two layers of glaze. Because one dries quicker than the other, cracks and pits appear in the surface, giving it more layers of interest and an antique feel. The colour varies from grey-brown to off-white though, it’s mostly a subtle, bluey moss green that sets of green foliage beautifully.
Creating the vase
Also adding to Broseley’s rustic feel is the fact that it’s hand-made. Most of our pottery pieces are cast in a mould, which means they’re largely uniform. But Broseley’s made by hand on a potter’s wheel, so each one is a little individual in terms of size and shape as well as finish. They have those tell-tale ripples in the surface that come from being thrown on a wheel too.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Need to knows
- This pot isn't watertight and doesn't have a hole in the bottom, so use only life-like rather than real flowers and foliage - or put a watertight pot inside it.