Broseley Low Pot
What to fit it withBroseley comes in four distinct shapes. For this flat one, try planting with similarly low, creeping plants that’ll spill over its edges, like thyme, chamomile and Soleirolia soleirolii (also known as mind-your-own-business). Be sure to use a watertight pot inside it, though, or use life-like flowers and foliage rather than real ones.
Terracotta is a type of earthenware clay that has a red-orange colour thanks to the amount of iron in it. You can see a little of that colour on the edges where Broseley isn’t glazed. Earthenware is fired at lower temperatures than stoneware or porcelain, which gives it a rougher texture.
The crackle finish on Broseley is created using two layers of glaze. Because one dries quicker than the other, cracks and pits appear in the surface, giving it more layers of interest and an antique feel. The colour varies from grey-brown to off-white though, it’s mostly a subtle, bluey moss green that sets of green foliage beautifully.
Creating the vase
Also adding to Broseley’s rustic feel is the fact that it’s hand-made. Most of our pottery pieces are cast in a mould, which means they’re largely uniform. But Broseley’s made by hand on a potter’s wheel, so each one is a little individual in terms of size and shape as well as finish. They have those tell-tale ripples in the surface that come from being thrown on a wheel too.
- For orders under £100 (or €150 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we'll deliver it within 5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
- You can return any item within 28 days of delivery, but you may be charged for a courier or collection service.
- If you can cancel your order within 24 hours, you will be fully refunded.
- For tailored items and fitted cabinetry, we can only refund 80% of the cost.
- Read our full returns policy here.
Need to knows
- This pot isn't watertight and doesn't have a hole in the bottom, so use only lifelike rather than real flowers and foliage - or put a watertight pot inside it.