It’s made in a mould from terracotta. Earthenware and terracotta are the same material. But ‘terracotta’ is used to describe an object not made on a potter’s wheel, like a sculpture. Or one that’s unglazed like a flower pot or roof tile. Whereas ‘earthenware’ describes something that is made on a wheel, or is glazed, or both – like tableware. We’ve also given it a sandy finish in a warm, off-white colour which, because we apply it by hand, will be a little different from piece to piece.
Where to use it
Jephson’s a good friend for our Hickstead horses, which have the same finish. They’ll perch anywhere, from side tables to mantelpieces. Try displaying them in bookcases and dressers to break up a collection of books, crockery or glassware.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
- Dust with a soft cloth when required.