In the making
Weaving is a big part of our making heritage here in Britain, and we’re proud to say that we’re partnering with a couple of UK mills that are carrying on that tradition to create many of our throws and cushions. Elland was created by a Bristol-based micro mill who specialise in contemporary design combined with traditional manufacturing, and is woven by a larger mill in Lancashire.
Linen, cotton and wool are all natural materials which are breathable, strong and wonderfully soft to the touch. The proportion of wool is very small because, although it adds an appealing downy texture, we know that some people can find it mildly tickly and we wanted this to be a cushion suitable for sitting against with bare arms in summer.
Burnt Sienna is a rich and earthy terracotta colour (we’ve used two variations of it in the stripes, one more red and the other more brown and yellow based) but it’s lightened and made softer by combining it with the creamy white ground on this cushion. It’ll pair just as well with other colourful hues (like Saffron and Flax Blue) as it will with neutrals.
All our cushions are finished with concealed zips in a matching colour, with generously full (but not overstuffed) duck feather pads, and with our signature detail: a small tan leather tab stamped with the Neptune ‘N’ and sewn onto the bottom corner.
Small-ish square cushions like this one are not only perfect for layering in front of larger scatter cushions on a sofa, but they’re also the ideal size for adding softness to wooden dining chairs and benches. On armchairs as well, they’ll cushion without taking up too much of the seat.
- £9.95 for parcels (or €19), £20 for small furniture deliveries (or €35) and £50 for large furniture deliveries (or €75).
- The cost of delivery will be based on the largest piece in your order and will be calculated at checkout.
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Need to knows
There can be some colour variation between different batches of our fabric – we try to make them as small as possible, but it’s something to be expected with natural fibres.
All the feathers in the cushion pad are ethically-sourced.
If you’d like to buy this cushion cover without the feather inner, just pop into one of our stores or get in touch.