The textile we’ve used to make this cushion is designed for us by a micro mill based in Bristol, and then woven by a larger mill in Lancashire. They’ve chosen to use merino lambswool – merino sheep have very strong and durable wool that’s also fine and silky, and especially the lambswool, which is the yarn made from the sheep’s first shearing.
The Olive green of this cushion isn’t quite as vibrant as the Olive green of our Harris Tweed textile, sitting a little more on the grey side. The way that it’s dyed and woven mean there are lots of flecks and variations in the yarn too, creating a mottled look full of interest and texture.
All our cushions come with concealed zips in a coordinating colour, a duck-feather filled pad that’s just the right amount of plump and squishy, and our signature detail, a small tan leather tab with a discreet Neptune ‘N’. This particular cushion is also unpiped, giving it clean and crisp edges.
A styling tip or two
Whenever we’re combining textiles, we always like to use a mix of different materials and textures for a more layered, less flat look. So you could combine this woolly, cosy cushion with the smoother weave of linen (such as Chloe in Trellis or Moss). A touch of colour here and there will really sing against Chevron Moss’ muted tone too, perhaps Auburn with its dash or red, or, for even more texture, a jewel-hued velvet.
- £9.95 for parcels (or €19), £20 for small furniture deliveries (or €35) and £50 for large furniture deliveries (or €75).
- The cost of delivery will be based on the largest piece in your order and will be calculated at checkout.
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Need to knows
There can be some colour variation between different batches of our fabric – we try to make them as small as possible, but it’s something to be expected with natural fibres.
All the feathers in the cushion pad are ethically-sourced.
If you’d like to buy this cushion cover without the feather inner, just pop into one of our stores or get in touch.