When it comes to painted pieces like Aldwych, we use tulipwood. Unlike a timber such as oak, it’s not the prettiest to look at, but its fine, almost knot-free grain creates a smooth finish for paint, so its dull appearance is in fact a virtue. Like oak though, it’s a resilient and strong hardwood.
We take great care over our painted finishes and give every design exactly what it needs to make it robust. The number of base and top coats will vary according to how many that shade requires. The water-based eggshell paint is hand-finished - this means we have control over the painting process and can ensure even coverage.
The large, square shape of this side table means it has lots of room on top for drinks or, if you’re not planning on removing the tray, photo frames, candles and so on. It’ll also bring the light of a lampstand down to a comfortable level that’s not in your eyes and that feels cosy.
If you lift the tray top off, you’ll find another surface underneath which mirrors that of the bottom shelf, allowing you to continue using it as a table. Underneath the legs are discreet little feet, which help to keep the paint finish from scuffing as much as they protect hard flooring.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just So you know
The colours in our paint palette shown here are a close representation of their true shades, but to see the real thing, we suggest trying our sample paint pots.
This piece is made from natural timber, which will expand (slightly) and shrink (just a little) as it responds to the humidity and temperature in your room. We’ve used joinery techniques that’ll help to counteract this, but small changes in your piece are completely natural and to be expected. Just know that, in the very unlikely event that there’s a significant change to the structure, we’ll be here to help.