MaterialsWhen it comes to painted pieces like Aldwych, we use tulipwood. This durable hardwood has a smooth, even grain that helps to achieve optimum paint coverage.
We take great care over our painted finishes and give every design exactly what it needs to make it robust. The number of base and top coats will vary according to how many that shade requires. The water-based eggshell paint is hand-finished - this means we have control over the painting process and can ensure even coverage.
Being long means that you can place a lampstand or less-used object like a vase at the back of this table (near your elbow) where it’s out of the way, and still have space close at hand for your cup of tea. It’s also suitably sized for pairing with both deep and shallow seating.
The tray-like top doesn’t lift off, but is as practical for keeping things in place as it is decorative. There’s also a lip around the bottom shelf that does much the same thing. Underneath the legs are discreet little feet, which help to keep the paint finish from scuffing as much as they protect hard flooring.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just So you know
The colours in our paint palette shown here are a close representation of their true shades, but to see the real thing, we suggest trying our sample paint pots.
This piece is made from natural timber, which will expand (slightly) and shrink (just a little) as it responds to the humidity and temperature in your room. We’ve used joinery techniques that’ll help to counteract this, but small changes in your piece are completely natural and to be expected. Just know that, in the very unlikely event that there’s a significant change to the structure, we’ll be here to help.