Beswick’s made from stoneware: a type of clay that’s fired at very high temperatures, which makes it much stronger than other types of clay, like earthenware. It means it’s less likely to chip – important if you’re planning to move it around.
The off-white glossy glaze on Beswick also has a crackled finish to it, which is made by a reaction between the layers of glaze. It adds another dimension of texture that’s very subtle, so it doesn’t take away from Beswick’s simple, understated feel.
Beswick’s only details (apart from the crackle glaze) are the grooves channelled into its sides. Like the glaze, they give it a touch more texture, and as they’re made by hand, a sense of craft. There’s also a small hole in the top – just enough to let you grab hold of it to pick it up.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
- Use a damp microfibre e-cloth to dust the ceramic.
- Avoid abrasive cleaning products.
Need to know
Although you can absolutely take Beswick outside during the summer, it’s not frost-proof or completely waterproof, so it’s best to bring it back in with you when the weather turns.