We use oak because of its beautiful grain, its durability and its sense of heritage (we’ve written more on oak’s qualities here). Part of its character are its knots and variations in tone, so each piece will have its own hand-writing.
The oak is brushed and stained to help bring out the appearance and feel of the grain. It’s then protected with IsoGuard®, our timber treatment oil that makes oak easier to live with and doesn’t mask its texture. We’ve aptly called the resulting appearance Vintage Oak.
Although it’s slim, the long shape of this table means there’s room for a lampstand and several drinks. It’s just worth noting that it might be too long for the shallowest of chairs. Its height, though, is suited to both low and high-armed seating.
Edinburgh’s defining feature is its legs. They were inspired by classical columns, but are restrained, not fussy. They also highlight the tonal stripes and swirls in the oak’s grain. Another element of Edinburgh’s design that we love is the bottom shelf, which looks just like tongue and groove panelling.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just so you know
This piece is made from natural timber, which will expand (slightly) and shrink (just a little) as it responds to the humidity and temperature in your room. We’ve used joinery techniques that’ll help to counteract this, but small changes in your piece are completely natural and to be expected. Just know that, in the very unlikely event that there’s a significant change to the structure, we’ll be here to help.