Lambswool yarn comes from a sheep’s first shearing. At this stage, the fleece is very fine and soft, which means it needs very little in the way of processing, and is part of what gives Cromford its supple handle. Like all wool, lambswool is also biodegradable, insulating, strong and hypoallergenic.
In the making
Cromford is created by our family-run partner mill in Delph, a village which sits on the border of Lancashire and Yorkshire. They start with the fleeces straight from the farm, before washing, spinning, dyeing, weaving and finishing their wool textiles themselves.
Twill is one of the simplest weaving techniques. Depending on the loom, it’ll create either a chevron pattern – like in Cromford – or diagonal lines across the fabric. Either way, twill textiles are strong and drape well, which makes them ideal for blankets.
- For orders under £100 (or €150 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.