About merino and lambswool
Lambswool is the yarn gathered from a sheep’s first shearing, so it’s very fine and soft. Merino wool comes from a specific breed of sheep, and is even softer and finer than lambswool. Lambswool is also warmer while merino is more breathable, so altogether, they make a pretty perfect blend for a spring and autumn throw. And like all wools, they’re renewable and biodegradable, strong, moisture-wicking and hypoallergenic.
In the making
Weaving is a big part of our making heritage here in Britain, and we’re proud to say that we’re partnering with a couple of UK mills that are carrying on that tradition to create many of our throws and cushions. Otterburn is woven at a family-owned mill in Delph – on the border of Yorkshire and Lancashire – who have been producing woollen fabrics since 1863.
A styling tip or two
Depending on whether we’re going for a smart, tailored look or a relaxed one, we’ll usually either fold or drape throws lengthways (with the tassels facing downwards) over the arm of an armchair or sofa when we’re not using them, so they’re easy to reach and form part of the decoration. Another favourite idea is to include a pile of folded blankets in a basket in bedrooms which creates a real feeling of generosity and comfort.
- £9.95 for parcels (or €19), £20 for small furniture deliveries (or €35) and £50 for large furniture deliveries (or €75).
- The cost of delivery will be based on the largest piece in your order and will be calculated at checkout.
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.