Merino sheep are known for their soft, curly fleeces. Finer than pure new sheep’s wool but thicker than cashmere or lambswool, it makes Sudbury a good balance between light and chunky. And just like all wool, it’s insulating, strong and naturally hypoallergenic.
Twill is one of the simplest types of weaving techniques. Depending on the loom, it’ll create either fine diagonal stripes across the fabric – like in Sudbury – or a chevron pattern. Either way, twill textiles are strong and drape well, which makes them ideal for blankets.
Where it’s made
Sudbury’s created by our family-run partner mill in Delph, a village on the border of Lancashire and Yorkshire – two counties that were known historically for weaving (our mill’s been around since 1863). They start with the fleeces straight from the farm, before washing, spinning, dyeing, weaving and finishing their wool textiles themselves.
This is one of our larger throws – big enough to fit comfortably over a king-sized bed or across a sofa, and for the whole family to snuggle under. Because it’s not too thick, you can also fold it up to drape over the arm of a chair.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.