Meet the artist
Daisy Sims-Hilditch is a London-based artist who creates landscapes, portraits and the occasional still-life in a naturalistic, impressionist style, often en plein air. Capturing the changing light is what she’s most known for expressing so well.
En plein air: explained
When an artist is painting en plein air, it means that they’re completing the entire piece from start to finish outdoors in the landscape that they’re painting. It’s a way of creating very natural, of-the-moment pieces, and is a key part of impressionism.
In the frame
The frame on this piece is a pared-back timber design with a black-painted border and a champagne-gilded (not as yellow as gold nor as grey as silver) inside edge that highlights the frame’s depth. We felt the simplicity allowed the painting itself to shine, while also being incredibly classic.
A styling tip or two
As this print is part of a series of four, you can simply arrange them together as a collection or in a pair. If you’d like to combine them with other prints though, then try Daisy’s Veneto and River Thames series, which are painted in the same style and have the same frames. Or, for something different, add one of Miranda Carter’s abstract Affinity prints to the mix.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just so you know
On the back of the frame is a wire for hanging (be sure to select the correct fixing for your wall), and we’ve included Velcro dots that you attach to the frame and the wall to help the print stay neatly straight.
There may be some variation in the colour of the mounts, so if you plan to buy a few from the same collection, we recommend buying all at the same time.