Using the pastoral paintings of 19th-century artist John Constable as inspiration, we collaborated with talented London-based maker Lucy Mayes to design the rich, inky colour that is Constable Green. This interior emulsion paint is easy to apply and contains plenty of pigment to ensure even, consistent coverage.
Design & engineering
- Eco-friendly, low VOC, water-based paint.
- Best suited for previously painted walls, wallpapered walls, lining paper ceilings and newly plastered walls.
- Shine-free matt finish.
- Made in the UK by our partner with five generations of expertise.
- Use with our water-based primer for best results.
- Match with French Grey, Saffron and Olive paints.
Design inspirationTo design Constable Green, skilled maker Lucy Mayes used traditional pigment recipes made from items collected around her local area. “To achieve the layered depth of colour, I experimented with pigments created from a copper fishing reel, weld flowers, and seed pods from London plane trees.”
Coverage per litre:
2 coats recommended
5% (Very Matt)
Water based primer
Recommened Application Method:
Brush or roller
Will it fit?
Delivery & returns
Free delivery for all orders over £100 (or €100 in Ireland).
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Care & need to knows
- Clean brushes with warm water and soap.
Need to know
- When painting a space where humidity and temperatures fluctuate, drying times may be longer.
- We recommend purchasing as much paint as you need in one go so it’s from the same batch and keep some spare for touch-ups.
- Colours may vary slightly with each pot – once open, stir thoroughly to ensure the paint is well mixed.
- Recycle the metal tin and plastic handle separately at home.
- In high traffic areas, eggshell is more durable.