We build our frames as pieces of furniture in their own right, using solid timber and proper joinery over cardboard sections and staples. And we’ve secured the back legs into each frame with finger joints to make them as strong and long-lasting as possible.
Support and a little bounce come from the serpentine springs in the base and elastic webbing in the back. And although Amelia doesn’t have any cushions, we’ve used a medium density foam and fibre wadding to soften it slightly and ensure you’ll never feel the frame beneath.
Comfort and proportions
Amelia has a generous seat space for an occasional chair, which supports your knees and encourages you to lean back. The curve in the frame gives it an inviting, wraparound feeling that hugs your shoulders.
Shape and silhouette
There’s a simplicity to the shape, because of how the arms are one curved, fluid line. It means that Amelia looks nice in pairs. In contrast to its curves, the oak legs are straight and unfussy, and the seat has a squared front.
Tufts in the fabric and diamond stitching give Amelia a luxurious, pocketed effect. This traditional detail is offset by very fine piping inside and out, which highlights the curves and adds crisp definition.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
The textiles in our fabric library range from pure linen to rich velvet and wool, and each one has its own character. Tone and texture can vary slightly from thread to thread, and expect to see the occasional slub in our linens and pile movement in our velvets. We’ve written an article about the personality behind each of our fabrics so that you can figure out which one best suits your home.
If you’re ordering Amelia in one of our patterned wools or linens, we’ll pare-back the stitching and the number of pulls so it doesn’t appear too busy. And, in checked fabrics, the pulls will be placed at the point where two lines meet.
Sometimes colour between batches can vary ever-so-slightly. To be on the safe side, we’d advise buying pieces that are being used in the same room in one go.
You might notice ‘marks’ on the velvet when it comes out of its packaging or after you’ve lent on it. They happen when you flatten the fibres and are a completely normal characteristic of velvet – they’re all part of the way it ages. But if you’d prefer, you can use a velvet brush to push the pile back into place.