Long Island ArmchairPart of our Long Island collection
Inspired by the laid-back Belgian chic look, the cosy Long Island armchair features a removeable loose linen slipcover. The precision-made cover fits the frame while its flowing skirt is punctuated with corner kick pleats for a balance between neat tailoring and relaxed style. The chair’s soft, feather-filled back cushion is divided into pockets on the inside, so it won’t lose its shape over time.
Design & engineering
- Strong kiln-dried tulipwood frame.
- Frame is assembled and upholstered by hand.
- Traditional reinforced halving joints used throughout for maximum durability.
- Loose, pillow-like back cushion filled with feather.
- Supportive foam-core seat cushion wrapped in feather.
- Slipcover secures on wooden toggles concealed under the seat cushion.
- Velcro points throughout the cover ensure an aligned fit.
- Serpentine sprung seat for comfortable suspension.
Design inspirationThe idea for Long Island stemmed from our co-founder John and creative founder Emma on their travels to the East Coast of America. There they found a laid-back style of living that drew upon its coastal setting. This collection also references 'Belgian chic', a design style that combines refined elegance with homeliness. This look relies on the natural warmth and texture of linen, which inspired Long Island's loose, yet neatly tailored, slipcovers.
Back Rest Height:
Will it fit?
Delivery & returns
- Furniture orders to the mainland UK and Northern Ireland come under our white glove service.
- Your order will be delivered within 5 days if the piece is available now.
- Orders placed from outside the UK or Ireland will be delivered by our international courier partners.
- Read our full delivery policy here.
- You can return any item within 28 days of delivery, but you may be charged for a courier or collection service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, you will be fully refunded. For tailored items and fitted cabinetry, we can only refund 80% of the cost.
- Read our full returns policy here.
Care & need to knows
- To care for your loose covers, view the instructions for your chosen fabric here.
Need to know
- Long Island's loose covers are also available to purchase separately, should you wish to change them seasonally.
- Please note that this imagery is representative only. While it accurately shows the different fabrics available, how they appear on the furniture will vary from piece to piece due to the hand-upholstered nature of our collection.
From the Journal
Our fabrics: making the right choice for your home and lifestyle
A guide to each and every fabric in our collection, covering everything from style to which ones are suited to children and pets.