Frame and filling
We build our frames using solid timber and proper jointing (we see them as pieces of furniture in their own right), with webbing and serpentine springs to provide support. Each footstool is designed with a specific filling ratio to best suit its character. In Arthur, we’ve used two densities of foam for softness and structure.
Form and function
Arthur’s as much about hands on as feet on; its height encourages you to sit on the floor and lean in, maybe with a board game perched on top. Both its sizes are also roomy enough to become a place to sit, whether it’s underneath a window, at the foot of a bed or in a hallway.
This is a footstool that’s full of detail – from the stitching and buttons, to the piping around its middle and the turned oak legs with Antique Brass castors. But it’s all understated, adding texture without detracting from the textile.
- For orders under £100 (or €150 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
The textiles in our fabric library range from pure linen to rich velvet and wool, and each one has its own character. Tone and texture can vary slightly from thread to thread, and expect to see the occasional slub in our linens and pile movement in our velvets. We’ve written an article about the personality behind each of our fabrics so that you can figure out which one best suits your home.
If you’re ordering Arthur in one of our patterned textiles, we’ll take away the stitching detail on top so it doesn’t appear too busy. And if you’ve selected a checked wool we’ll make sure that the buttons sit at the point where two lines meet.
Sometimes colour between batches can vary ever-so-slightly. To be on the safe side, we’d advise buying pieces that are being used in the same room in one go.
Our fabrics: making the right choice for your home and lifestyle
A guide to each and every fabric in our collection, covering everything from style to which ones are suited to children and pets.