We build our frames as pieces of furniture in their own right, using solid timber and proper joinery over cardboard sections and staples. And we’ve secured the solid oak back legs into each frame with finger joints to make them as strong and long-lasting as possible.
Support and a little bounce come from the serpentine springs in the base and elastic webbing in the back. The seat cushion has a core of firmer foam so that you’ll never feel the frame, which is surrounded by feather, down and fibre. The back is padded with a softer foam to lean back into.
Comfort and proportions
Theo is undoubtedly slim in proportions and isn’t one for tucking your legs under you as you sit. Its narrow seat is balanced out with extra support in the lumbar section of your back and it has a well-structured seat so that you don’t really miss the fact it has no thick base cushion.
Shape and Silhouette
This is a case where form is celebrated over function. The swoop of its side profile, the low seat height, the flat outer arm against the curved and padded inner that really tucks you in, the antiqued brass castors and the simple pleasure you’ll get from the double piping along the bottom edge are Theo’s defining features.
Because of its size, its shape, and its lack of back and base cushion, there’s a look of classic French and Belgian deconstructed armchairs to Theo, and means it particularly suits our palest linens.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Taking care of Theo
Our Theo armchair used to come with a fixed seat, but we’ve now replaced this with a loose cushion for an even more comfortable sit.
The textiles in our fabric library range from pure linen to rich velvet and wool, and each one has its own character. Tone and texture can vary slightly from thread to thread, and expect to see the occasional slub in our linens. You can learn more about each fabric’s personality here, to see which one best suits your home.
We’ll deliver your chair to your chosen room and take away all the packaging.
And, rest assured, all the feathers and down in our cushion fillings come from ethical, cruelty-free sources.
Our fabrics: making the right choice for your home and lifestyle
A guide to each and every fabric in our collection, covering everything from style to which ones are suited to children and pets.