We build our frames as pieces of furniture in their own right, using solid timber and proper joinery over cardboard sections and staples. And we’ve secured the back legs into each frame with finger joints to make them as strong and long-lasting as possible.
Support and a little bounce come from the serpentine springs in the base and elastic webbing in the back. The cushions have a core of firmer foam so that you’ll never feel the frame, which is then surrounded by feather, down and fibre. It’s a mix that gives Eva its balance of structure and softness.
Comfort and proportions
Eva is quite deep, and its slim arms leave room for a generously wide seat too. The base is firm enough to be comfortable under your knees but the back’s a little softer and the right height for shoulder support.
Along the edges runs a line of studs which highlight Eva’s architectural shape. Their colour has been selected to coordinate with each fabric, whether that’s Nickel studs with Hugo Spelt, Pewter studs with Clara Damson or Antique Brass studs with Emma Mustard.
Shape and silhouette
Both of Eva’s arms sweep downwards in two, elegant curves – it’s a look that’s a little more feminine than a straight arm and creates an attractive side profile. They also fall at just the right, comfortable height for leaning on.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
The textiles in our fabric library range from pure linen to rich velvet and wool, and each one has its own character. Tone and texture can vary slightly from thread to thread, and expect to see the occasional slub in our linens and pile movement in our velvets. We’ve written an article about the personality behind each of our fabrics so that you can figure out which one best suits your home.
And, rest assured, all the feathers and down in our cushion fillings come from ethical, cruelty-free sources.
Sometimes colour between batches can vary ever-so-slightly. To be on the safe side, we’d advise buying pieces that are being used in the same room in one go.
You might notice ‘marks’ on the velvet when it comes out of its packaging or after you’ve lent on it. They happen when you flatten the fibres and are a completely normal characteristic of velvet – they’re all part of the way it ages. But if you’d prefer, you can use a velvet brush to push the pile back into place.