This four-seater modular sofa is inspired by laidback Belgian chic style. It’s extended on one side for a spacious design that’ll tuck into a corner or stand in the middle of a room to create a separate seating area. Each module has its own removeable loose linen slipcover that’s precision-made to fit the frame, with corner kick pleats on the flowing skirt.
Design & engineering
- Strong kiln-dried tulipwood frame.
- Frame is assembled and upholstered by hand.
- Traditional reinforced halving joints used throughout for maximum durability.
- Loose, feather-filled back cushions divided into pockets on the inside, so they won’t lose their shape.
- Comfortable foam-core seat cushions wrapped in feather.
- Slipcovers secure on wooden toggles concealed under the seat cushions.
- Velcro points throughout the covers ensure an aligned fit.
- Serpentine sprung seat for suspension.
- Modules joined with secure metal fixings.
Design inspirationThe idea for Long Island stemmed from our co-founder John and creative founder Emma on their travels to the East Coast of America. There they found a laid-back style of living that drew upon its coastal setting. This collection also references 'Belgian chic', a design style that combines refined elegance with homeliness. This look relies on the natural warmth and texture of linen, which inspired Long Island's loose, yet neatly tailored, slipcovers.
Back Rest Height:
Will it fit?
Delivery & returns
- It’s £9.95 for parcels (or €19), £20 for small furniture deliveries (or €35) and £50 for large furniture deliveries (or €75).
- The cost of delivery will be based on the largest piece in your order and will be calculated at checkout.
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Care & need to knows
- To care for your loose covers, view the instructions for your chosen fabric here.
Need to know
- Long Island’s loose covers are also available separately should you wish to change them seasonally. To order, just ask in store.
From the Journal
Our fabrics: making the right choice for your home and lifestyle
A guide to each and every fabric in our collection, covering everything from style to which ones are suited to children and pets.