The frame: in the making
We make our frames using expert joinery techniques that’ll stand up to a lifetime of use. The point where the back legs meet the frame needs to be especially strong – it’ll be taking most of the weight – which is why we use finger joints that securely lock together each piece of timber.
Learn more about our frames.
Support and a little bounce come from the serpentine springs in the base and elastic webbing in the back. The seat cushions have a core of soft foam, which is a little firmer in the back for structure, and all are surrounded by feather, down and fibre. It’s a mix that gives Shoreditch its sink-into softness.
Comfort and proportions
Shoreditch has a low height (so it won’t dominate your room) and isn’t too deep either (so it won’t take up much space either). Its back and arms stand at the same ducked height, which not only creates a contemporary shape and neat, continuous line, but means you can lean with both arms resting on its back.
Shape and silhouette
This is a very contemporary and angular sofa, from the low back to the architectural oak legs. But small details – like the slight curve on the front corner of the arm – soften this so it’s still timeless.
The piping on Shoreditch adds extra tailoring and gives it a smart finish that highlights its neat structure. Using a contrasting fabric does this even more – try Isla Fox with Hugo Buckwheat, or Hugo Mustard with Pale Oat.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 7 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout. We’ll be in touch nearer the time to confirm your delivery date.
- Orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For designs in a made-to-measure fabric or non-standard colour, and fitted pieces like kitchen and bathroom cabinets, we can only refund 80% of the amount you paid.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
We’ve recently made a few small changes to our Shoreditch sofa to make it even more comfortable ¬– increasing the depth and making the backrest slightly more reclined. It’s not an obvious visible change, but just something to bear in mind.
The textiles in our fabric library range from pure linen to rich velvet and wool, and each one has its own character. Tone and texture can vary slightly from thread to thread, and expect to see the occasional slub in our linens and pile movement in our velvets. We’ve written an article about the personality behind each of our fabrics so that you can figure out which one best suits your home.
And, rest assured, all the feathers and down in our cushion fillings come from ethical, cruelty-free sources.
Sometimes colour between batches can vary ever-so-slightly. To be on the safe side, we’d advise buying pieces that are being used in the same room in one go.
You might notice ‘marks’ on the velvet when it comes out of its packaging or after you’ve lent on it. They happen when you flatten the fibres and are a completely normal characteristic of velvet – they’re all part of the way it ages. But if you’d prefer, you can use a velvet brush to push the pile back into place.