Somerton is made from kubu – a type of natural rattan that’s strong, smooth and sustainable. It has a grey-brown colour that’s subtle and fits easily into any interior. Because it’s a natural material, this colour will vary within each piece, giving them even more texture.
In the making
It’s not always possible to make things by hand, but when it comes to basket-weaving, that’s really the only way to do it. It means that our baskets are perfectly imperfect when it comes to shape and size, with much more character than if a machine made them.
Design is in the detail
The handles in this basket are woven in as a sturdy part of the structure, so you can pick it up without worrying. And so it sits neatly wherever you place it, with as few wobbles as possible, we’ve made the bottom as flat as we can.
Because this basket is generously-sized you can use it in a laundry room to store duvet covers and sheets, to tuck away folded shirts before they’re ironed, or in pairs to separate your darks and lights. It also works just as well in kitchens for holding table linens.
- £9.95 for parcels (or €19), £20 for small furniture deliveries (or €35) and £50 for large furniture deliveries (or €75).
- The cost of delivery will be based on the largest piece in your order and will be calculated at checkout.
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days for accessories and lighting and 7 days for furniture. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
- Furniture orders to mainland UK or Northern Ireland will arrive via our white glove service. We’ll unbox and position your items, assemble anything that’s needed and take away the packaging for recycling.
- If you’re ordering outside mainland UK or Northern Ireland, items will be sent through our international delivery partners.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back any item (in its original packaging) within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are charged at £9.95 (or €19 in Ireland).
- A £50 (or €150 in Ireland) collection charge applies to all furniture and large accessory returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.