What you’ll need
A cupcake tin
Herbs and spices, such as rosemary, star anise, cinnamon sticks, cloves and pink peppercorns
What to do
- Fill the cupcake tin with the cases and preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Pop the tealights out of their foil or plastic cups and place just the wax and wick in each of the cupcake cases.
- Warm in the oven for a few minutes to melt the wax.
- Sprinkle your chosen herbs and spices around the wick and then leave until the wax sets hard again.
- Once set, remove the paper case from around the firelighters and, if you’re giving them as a present, pile them into a jar and tie with a ribbon and tag.
- To use, simply tuck in amongst the kindling in your fireplace or firepit and light the wick.