Our design assistants are really busy people, skilled in juggling lots of projects as part of our Home & Kitchen Design Services. We’re looking for someone to work side-by-side with our in-store designers here at Neptune Cambridge to support them with their work and ensure a seamless experience for our customers.
What you’ll be doing
Day to day and week by week you’ll…
- Review and revise CAD-based designs and quotations
- Put together design quotes and presentation packs
- Use your initiative and wits to help progress multiple design projects, working closely with the design and installation project management teams
- Manage and coordinate administrative workloads and our internal stock ordering process
- Update and maintain accurate customer records using a number of software packages
- Continually build your Neptune product and system knowledge and support the wider store team in their design and system development too
- Actively contribute to the growth and development of the store
Our customers love our stores so much that we keep our doors open for them seven days a week, so you’ll need to be flexible about when you work, including at weekends.
Where you’ll be working
You’ll find Neptune Cambridge in the close-knit village of Harston, just outside this cultural and picturesque city. The building itself, the former Three Horseshoes inn, dates back to the early 19th century – though you'll find a twist on it with a contemporary, architecturally-sympathetic building next door, joined by a glass walkway. We’ve also decorated it from top to toe with our signature, understated aesthetic.
What we’re looking for
You’ll ideally have experience in kitchen or interior design and space planning, and have worked previously in a design support role. That said, your natural attention to detail, eagerness to learn and CAD knowledge and experience could well be enough for us.
You’ll need to be adept at using all the MS packages such as Word and Excel, and be able to pick up new systems quickly and easily. Strong organisational and communication skills are a must as well, but we’re also looking for someone with a positive outlook and warm personality who’s eager to work as part of a close-knit team and go above and beyond for our customers.
Not only do we offer a highly competitive salary but also a discretionary bonus and pension schemes, and a great range of other benefits.
Find out more & apply
If you’d like to find out more about who we are and what we stand for as a company, we’d suggest starting with our ‘different perspective’ articles, which you’ll find online here. For all applications, we just ask that you send your CV, a covering letter and details of your current salary.
Just so you know
We’re fortunate to receive hundreds and hundreds of applications every week. While we try to respond to every email, the sheer volume sometimes makes that difficult. So, if you don’t hear from us within 14 days, we’re sorry to say this means your application hasn’t been successful, but we thank you for your interest in us anyway.