It started with a hammock. Made around a kitchen table, our first-ever product was stitched with careful hands, a trusty sewing machine and a large dose of optimism. 20 odd years on, not much has changed really. The hammock evolved into a select collection of beautiful furniture and accessories for the whole home and garden too, and the few pairs of hands have become hundreds, but the care, the commitment, the love and even that kitchen table very much remains.
As we grow and develop, physical and mental health and general safety continues to be a large focus area for us as well as our environmental impact. So much so, we are now looking for an apprentice Safety, Health & Environment Technician to support the Group Health & Safety Manager who oversees all matters at our Wiltshire based HQ, our store network and our on-site build locations.
We provide you with an opportunity to complete the Level 3 apprenticeship whilst gaining valuable on and off the job work experience as the course is completed and you will have great exposure to many areas of Health and Safety. We will provide continued development once you have successfully completed the Level 3 apprenticeship.
Day to day you will be:
- Working with the management team to implement, monitor and review health and safety systems
- General administrative duties, maintaining online and paper-based health and safety systems
- Undertake and/or assist with the monitoring, analysis of, and reporting of SHE performance
- Carry out inspections and audits
- Assist and/or manage the investigation of accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences, near misses and other incidents as directed.
- Assist with the management of contractors onsite in accordance with the company policy
- Drive Innovation: Be able to identify areas for improvement and suggest sustainable innovative solutions.
Our ideal candidate would be a tenacious, energetic innovative thinker with great communication skills and a passion for all things health and safety. They should have good computer knowledge including Microsoft systems, ideally have 5 GCSE's A - C including English and maths and a keen eye for detail.
If you're looking to bring your commitment and passion to help deliver an effective and safe culture to a growing and forward-thinking organisation, please send your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary.
To find out a little more please visit Neptune.com, Facebook and Instagram.
Neptune…improving the customer experience.
We're fortunate to receive hundreds and hundreds of applications every week. While we try to respond to every email, the sheer volume sometimes makes that difficult. So, if you don't hear from us within 14 days, this means your application hasn't been successful, but we thank you very much for your interest in us.