Our IT team are the backbone that enables our business to run. They're the people who design, build and manage the infrastructure that we use to do our jobs. The IT department are also instrumental in keeping everything ticking over nicely on an everyday basis, be this till systems in store, or emails in HQ.
To further strengthen the team, we would like to invite an 'up and coming' IT Service Desk Analyst to join us in our quest to deliver excellent service.
Key areas of the role will include:
- Identifying and logging software, hardware and networking issues
- Understanding complex issues and articulating them to the business, ensuring they can be resolved to everyone's satisfaction
- Often in tandem with 2nd line support, work towards fast and sustainable resolutions
- Proactively communicate with the all parties involved to manage expectations
- Building PCs and laptops and supporting with networking
- Supporting end users with guidance to help improve user ability
- Playing an active role in helping the IT team develop their service delivery to the business
You'll need to have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft operating systems and you'll enjoy diagnosing and solving challenging issues as well as the day to day user support.
It's a fast paced environment, so to be one of us you need to be quick-thinking, proactive and flexible in your approach, with a 'can do' attitude. You'll also be a confident communicator and thrive in a team environment. A job at Neptune will be demanding but it rewards bright, original thinking and hard work. None of us would have it any other way.
We offer a competitive salary along with a pension, super company discounts, cycle to work scheme, free gym membership and 33 day's holiday. In addition we will also be fully supporting further study within this role.
If you'd like to know more, please send your CV and current salary details.
Check out our website at neptune.com for a glimpse into our world, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instgram.
We're fortunate to receive hundreds and hundreds of applications every week. You'll never receive an automated email from us - it's something that we find too impersonal - and while we try to respond to every email, the sheer volume sometimes makes that difficult. So, if you don't hear from us within 14 days, this means your application hasn't been successful, but we thank you very much for your interest in us.