Learning and Development is central to our growth at Neptune - with a hugely diverse range of skill sets and experience, from Drivers to Designers to Cabinet Makers to Store Leaders, we want to help them to learn, develop and progress.
About this Role
We are looking for a Learning Specialist to join our team. This role is integral in supporting this journey from the very first day you join Neptune - taking an active role in creating and delivering outstanding learning and coaching opportunities in all areas across the whole business. You will provide high quality coordination and support, becoming involved in a range of exciting and interesting L&D projects including customer engagement & leadership. We'll also get you involved in:
- Researching, planning and creating content for digital learning, videos and development modules within our e-learning platform
- Creating and delivering learning and coaching sessions, assessing immediate benefits, testing at appropriate intervals and refreshing when necessary
- Working in partnership with colleagues across the business to create and advise on onboarding plans
- Coaching and guiding new starters through their first months at Neptune, ensuring they remain on track and develop all required key competencies to a high standard
- Maintaining curiosity and appetite for identifying ways to drive improvement, ensuring that our teams and customers have a unique and memorable experience
You're probably already working in L&D, or have experience of building and delivering training or coaching plans, and you'll be a real whizz on all things MS Office, with a natural aptitude for learning about and using different technologies and packages. We'll also be asking applicants to demonstrate their energy and creativity in creating and delivering short pieces of training to small but friendly and enthusiastic groups.
Across all locations, we stay united by our company values: Do The Right Thing, Do It Together, Aim High and Keep It Real.
What Benefits we can offer you
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous new item and factory outlet discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme
- Perkbox: Wellbeing Hub and Retail Discounts Portal
- Your birthday day off
- Day off if you become a Grandparent
- A week off if you get married
- Refer a friend scheme
- Long service holiday allowance increase
- Training Workshops
We are a growing business that encourages our people to grow with us. Neptune’s goal is to ensure we have a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone’s voices are heard.
Founded in 1996 by friends John Sims-Hilditch and Giles Redman, Neptune design and make pieces for your whole home. Recognised for their exacting standards, design-led aesthetic and expert craftsmanship, they’re perhaps most known for kitchens – with heirloom-worthy dressers not far behind. Neptune’s trademark ‘look’ is British: refined, simple, sturdy, and with an almost obsessive attention to detail. They’re also respected for their commitment to craft and quality. Put simply, they make things they’re proud of, and that are designed to last a lifetime.