A different perspective…
Over the years, we've been trying to come up with the best way to say, "Hello, we're Neptune, and this is who we are". That's where our philosophy, a different perspective, comes in. We fundamentally believe that things can always be better. That mindset of challenging convention and looking at things differently means we're often reviewing how things are done. We make time for fresh ideas and we make room to put them into action.
This is precisely the approach we take to hiring our team.
Neptune was built on a foundation of building to last and a belief in doing the right thing; we're continuing to improve our understanding of what that means and as such are looking for a Sustainability Lead to spearhead our efforts to be the most sustainable home and lifestyle brand by 2030.
Priority focus areas include:
- Implement the business wide sustainability strategy, covering all aspects of the business
- Be the internal advisor and expert on all matters relating to environmental and social sustainability
- Work alone as a self-starter with the key ability to instigate, lead, manage and implement improvements on a daily basis as well as working closely with other managers and colleagues in the wider business including in Neptune Asia to influence positive change
- Set meaningful sustainability goals and targets that are extremely ambitious
- Lead the programme management of sustainability-related projects and initiatives, such as waste reduction, energy and renewables, land purchases for planting/re-wilding projects
- Support our communications team to deliver insightful and meaningful comms on the company's progress against its sustainability goals and targets
- Run our responsible sourcing due diligence process, including supplier gatekeeper process, UKTR legislation, Modern Slavery, and Neptune's own 'Principles of Sourcing'
- Enhance our environmental data collection for internal, SECR and UN Global Compact reporting, providing analysis and insight that is best practice, tracking the frequent changes that occur with regards to legislative and stakeholder requirements
- Integrate environmental and social sustainability best practice into business processes through education, influence, and leadership - leading by example
- Promote behavioural/cultural change that results in long term environmental and social impact measurement, management and mitigation
- Lead the environment champions initiative, enabling your Neptune colleagues to identify and implement actions and initiatives in an empowering way
- Oversee the running of the Environment Management System (EMS) aligned with ISO14001:2015 in conjunction with the H&S manager
- You're an experienced leader, capable of working with cross-functional teams in a highly collaborative way
- You have the ability to manage multiple workstreams maintaining tight control on individual project plans along with high-level objectives.
- You can critically analyse, interpret and apply complex environmental information to determine sustainable courses of action
- You're a first-class communicator, competent across all media platforms and skilled at translating 'corporate jargon' into understandable information for wide audiences
- We're a high performing team running a very successful business and we offer very competitive salaries and the opportunity to influence our benefits offer
- A high degree of autonomy, the opportunity to push the boundaries and do things differently
- A great career with a growing business, including the opportunity to travel as we expand our territories
If you are ready to lead the way in taking Neptune forward and achieve our sustainability goals, we'd love to hear from you. Please send your CV and current salary details to us.
Discover more now at neptune.com and follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
We're fortunate to receive hundreds and hundreds of applications every week. While we try to respond to every email, the sheer volume sometimes makes that difficult. So, if you don't hear from us, this means that your application hasn't been successful.