About this Role
As we continue to grow we are looking for a new Design Assistant to support out Designers. Our Design Assistants are really busy people, skilled in juggling lots of projects as part of our Home and Kitchen Design Services.
- Review and revise CAD-based designs and quotations
- Put together design quotes and presentation packs
- Manage and progress multiple design projects, working closely with the design and installation project management teams
- Update and maintain accurate customer records using a number of software packages
- Continually build your Neptune product and system knowledge and support the wider store team in their design and system development too
- Actively contribute to the growth and development of the store
Our stores are open 7 days a week and so it's important that you'll have flexibility to work during the week and at weekends also. This role is to cover a 12 month maternity cover.
Just a twenty-minute drive from the centre of York lies the former Tanglewood public house, which, in September 2015, we restored and renovated to turn it into our Yorkshire home. Inside, not only will you discover living rooms, bedrooms and a kitchen (or four), but also a few added luxuries such as a snug, wine cellar, boot room and our always-in-bloom flower shop.
Across all locations, we stay united by our company values: Do The Right Thing, Do It Together, Aim High and Keep It Real.
What Benefits we can offer you
At Neptune, we value our employees for always going above and beyond; we reward them by offering more than just a competitive salary:
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous new item and factory outlet discounts
- Discounted gym membership
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme
- Perkbox: Wellbeing Hub and Retail Discounts Portal
- Your birthday day off
- Day off if you become a Grandparent
- A week off if you get married
- Refer a friend scheme
- Long service holiday allowance increase
- Training Workshops
We are a growing business that encourages our people to grow with us. Neptune's goal is to ensure we have a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone's voices are heard.
Founded in 1996 by friends John Sims-Hilditch and Giles Redman, Neptune design and make pieces for your whole home. Recognised for their exacting standards, design-led aesthetic and expert craftsmanship, they're perhaps most known for kitchens - with heirloom-worthy dressers not far behind. Neptune's trademark 'look' is British: refined, simple, sturdy, and with an almost obsessive attention to detail. They're also respected for their commitment to craft and quality. Put simply, they make things they're proud of, and that are designed to last a lifetime.