Our design assistants are really busy people, skilled in juggling lots of projects as part of our Home & Kitchen Design Services. We’re looking for someone to work side-by-side with our in-store designers here at Neptune Redbrick Mill to support them with their work and ensure a seamless experience for our customers.
What you’ll be doing
Day to day and week by week you’ll…
- Review and revise CAD-based designs and quotations
- Put together design quotes and presentation packs
- Use your initiative and wits to help progress multiple design projects, working closely with the design and installation project management teams
- Manage and coordinate administrative workloads and our internal stock ordering process
- Update and maintain accurate customer records using a number of software packages
- Continually build your Neptune product and system knowledge and support the wider store team in their design and system development too
- Actively contribute to the growth and development of the store
Our customers love our stores so much that we keep our doors open for them seven days a week, so you’ll need to be flexible about when you work, including at weekends.
Where you’ll be working
It’s with great excitement that we announce the opening of a brand-new Neptune Home store, in Redbrick Mill, next year. Step inside and you’ll be immersed in everything we create; beautifully crafted furniture, kitchens, upholstery and all the little things that help to give a home soul.
What we’re looking for
You’ll ideally have experience in kitchen or interior design and space planning, and have worked previously in a design support role. That said, your natural attention to detail, eagerness to learn and CAD knowledge and experience could well be enough for us.
You’ll need to be adept at using all the MS package, and be able to pick up new systems quickly and easily. Strong organisational and communication skills are a must as well, but we’re also looking for someone with a can-do attitude and dynamic personality who’s eager to work as part of a close-knit team and deliver an excellent experience to our customers.
How we’ll support you
We’re lucky to have expert training here at Neptune, you’ll be taught everything you’ll need to know about our designs and how we interact with our customers. Long term, we have fantastic development and progression opportunities which could see you as a fully-fledged designer at Neptune. Not only do we offer a highly competitive salary but also a discretionary bonus and pension schemes, and a great range of other benefits.
Find out more & apply
If you’d like to find out more about who we are and what we stand for as a company, we’d suggest starting with our ‘different perspective’ articles, which you’ll find online here.
If you have any queries about this role or what it’s like to work at Neptune, or if you’re ready to apply, please apply to Charlotte in our Talent Acquisition team via our website. For all applications, we just ask that you send your CV, a covering letter and details of your current salary.