A unique piece
These glass tea light holders are mouth-blown in Firozabad, the centre of India’s glassmaking industry, known for its exceptionally high quality glass production. Because they’re individually made, no two are exactly alike. One might be a touch smaller than another, you might see a tiny air bubble trapped in the glass, or a swirl where it expanded as it was blown. It’s all part of the personality of something created by an artisan rather than a machine.
The muted exterior is also a hands-on process, created by individually sand blasting each piece which leaves them with a gentle, sea-washed glass effect. In contrast, the interior is left as it is, creating an interesting contrast in textures between matt and glossy and, when lit from within (we recommend a standard sized tealight like our Forster), a captivating effect.
A styling tip or two
Because of its interesting shape and texture, Alconbury looks best as part of a display where it can be really appreciated. Try combining it with just a couple of other objects with a similarly minimal feel – our Corinium and Castleford bottles, for instance, or one of the other pieces in the Alconbury collection.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.