Reminiscent of a late summer evening in a sun-warmed garden, English Fig is sweet, velvety and warming but with an uplifting freshness. It combines green and fruity notes – leafy figs, dried fruits and tart cassis – with a subtly floral hint of rose, woodier notes and the honeyed, resinous scent of amber.
This bath essence comes in a glass bottle (so much more substantial, sustainable – and lovely – than plastic), which is clear so you can see the sprig of Scotch broom (a shrub with pretty, pea-like flowers) inside. Topped off with a metal cap, it’s a look that’s a little bit vintage but clean and contemporary too.
It’s the coconut oil in this bath essence that makes it so moisturising. Because of that, there’s also something called ‘C12-13 pareth-3’ in there – it sounds scary, but it’s just an emulsifier to help the oil and your bath water mix together.
In the making
Some things are best left to the experts, which is why we work with a small team that know all about making delicately-scented lotions and potions. All of their testing and designing happens in a Buckinghamshire market town, and they also make our bath and body collection for us in Britain too.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £50 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.