Material & finish
Brompton is nickel plated: a finish that’s bright, that shines out in the room. It’s very similar to chrome but less contemporary, with a slightly warmer undertone – a little like silver – to complement Brompton’s early 20th century style. The flex is a coordinating braided black silk.
The shade is small and won’t get in the way, but it’ll create a pool of light that’s large enough to illuminate whatever you’re doing. Detail comes from the wing nut dials at each joint which you can use to loosen and tighten the hinges.
Where we see it
Any lamp can be used in a workspace, but Brompton's practicality makes sitting on a desk the place where it's most used at home.
- For orders under £100 (or €100 in Ireland), it’s £6.95 (or €18 in Ireland).
- If your order is available now for UK mainland delivery, we’ll deliver it within 3-5 days. Otherwise, it’ll arrive in the estimated time frame stated above and at checkout.
ReturnsWe’ll happily take back most pieces within 28 days of delivery.
- For courier delivered items bought online, returns are free of charge.
- A £29.95 collection charge applies to all furniture returns delivered with our white glove service.
- If you cancel your order within 24 hours, we can refund the full amount.
Just so you know
Brompton’s a practical desk lamp that doesn’t feel functional. You can adjust it in three places, so it’ll shine wherever you want it, but it’s also made from warm-toned brass and has details that give it an industrial character.